- Submit the Continuing Education Application with supporting documentation, and the non-refundable appraisal fee (and rush processing and/or advertising fees if applicable) at least 30 days prior to date of program. When approved, the WPTA will assign a course approval number for the course. The course approval number is valid for the initial presentation and also for subsequent presentations of the same course (same material, same presenters, same objectives, etc.) for a period of 12 months following the initial presentation.
- Contact Hours are determined based on the number of instructional hours. Time spent on registration, meals or breaks will not be counted when determining hours.
- Minimum requirement for awarding proof of attendance: participant attends at least 80% of the program and participates satisfactorily as determined by the program sponsor.
- A Course Evaluation Form to obtain feedback from the participant needs to be submitted with the Application. The form needs to assess the objectives, course content, instructor(s), method of presentation and the extent to which the learning outcomes were achieved. It is the responsibility of the course sponsor to have this form completed by each participant and to share the results of the evaluation with the course instructor(s).
All course evaluation forms must include two questions: "Was the material at or above entry level knowledge for PTs and PTAs" and "To what extent did the program meet the stated objectives?"
- When the course is approved by the WPTA, you may issue your own certificates. The certificates should be completed by the course sponsor and contain:
- a. Number of contact hours/CEUs awarded by WPTA
- b. Participant's name
- c. Title of course
- d. Signature of Instructor or Course Sponsor
- e. Date of course completion
- If the course is submitted less than 30 days prior to the course start date a $50 rush processing fee will apply.
- If you would like the course advertised on the WPTA Continuing Education webpage please provide course contact information, along with the course date, time and location on the application.Â A $50 advertising fee will apply.
The WPTA reserves the right to audit any course and will notify the sponsor if they have been chosen for an audit. The audit may include onsite attendance of the course.
Chapter PT 9: Continuing Education
PT 9.04 Standards for approval
To be approved for credit, a continuing education program shall meet all of the following criteria:
(a) The program constitutes an organized program of learning which contributes directly to the professional competency of the licensee.
(b) The program pertains to subject matter which integrally relates to the practice of the profession.
(c) The program is conducted by individuals who have specialized education, training or experience by reason of which the individual should be considered qualified concerning the subject matter of the activity or program.
(d) The program fulfills pre-established goals and objectives.
(e) The program provides proof of attendance by licensees.