WPTA Northwest District CE Course Myopain Seminar: Dry Needling-2 Foundations II
Date: April 5-7, 2019
Time: 7:30 am - 5:30 pm each day - 34 Contact Hours (snacks provided, lunch on your own)
Location: Marshfield Physical Therapy Center, 1002 W. Clairemont Avenue, Eau Claire
Instructor: Presented by Savas Koutsantonis, PT, DPT, CMTPT
The DN-2 Foundations II course builds on the knowledge and skills of the DN-1 course. Students will be introduced to the clinical aspects of myofascial pain, peripheral and central sensitization, the etiology and scientific basis of myofascial pain and dry needling.
Many muscles commonly addressed in clinical practice are included, such the posterior cervical muscles, the oblique capitis inferior, the cervical and thoracic and lumbar multifidi, levator scapula (partially), the latissimus dorsi (partially), supraspinatus, teres major and minor, pectoralis major (partially), pectoralis minor, the coracobrachialis, pronator teres, wrist flexors, oblique abdominal muscles and rectus abdominus, the lumbar paraspinals, the deep hip rotators, the lower and middle trapezius, the serratus anterior, and the rhomboids muscles. Students will also be introduced to the current scientific basis for dry needling for scar tissue, fascial adhesions, enthesopathies, and tendinopathies.
Note: The pelvic floor muscles are no longer part of the DN-2 course, as Myopain Seminars will soon launch a new Pelvic Pain Dry Needling course.
Students will review the anatomy, function, and dry needling techniques for each muscle.
Dr. Koutsantonis graduated from the University of Maryland at Baltimore School of Medicine in 1985 with a Bachelors degree in Physical Therapy, and received a Doctorate of Physical Therapy Degree from A.T. Still University of Health Sciences in 2004. He has worked at a range of different companies and served as adjunct faculty at the University of Maryland Physical Therapy Department. He received his certification in Trigger Point Dry Needling through Myopain Seminars in 2009.
Registration is a 2-step process:
1. Fill out the registration form found here, include payment information, and then fax, mail, or email the completed form to Amy Reiter ([email protected]) at the Chapter office. The Chapter office will email you a confirmation with a discount code.
2. Go to Myopain's website at this address: https://www.myopainseminars.com/course/corp-dry-needling-2-foundations-ii.38. On the right side of the page, there is a drop down box. Select the April 5 date in Eau Claire. Put in the discount code provided to you in the confirmation email you received from the Chapter office.
If you do not have an account, it will ask you to create one.
3. Click add to cart. Go to cart and you will see the $0 price. Click pay and you are all set! Myopain will send you a confirmation email that you are registered.
La Crosse Center, La Crosse
April 25-26, 2019
Overnight rooms are available at the Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites
Call 608/784-4444 or 1-800-HOLIDAY to reserve your room now!
(mention WPTA or 3-digit block code: WPT)
- Population Health
- Shoulder Complex Pain
- Blood Flow Restriction Rehab
- Power Play: Eliminating Confusion Between Owner and Employee
- Rehab Approach to Dysautonomia/POTS
- Ethical Considerations for PTs and PTAs
- Running Injury Mechanics
- Hot Topics and Professional Issues (its own course this year!)
- Advances in Treatments for Knee Injuries
- Lifelong Neurologic Recovery
- ICU and Acute Care in Adults and Pediatrics
- Awards Luncheon (new time this year!)
- Business Meeting, and so much more.
More information at: conference.wpta.org
The WPTA invites you to the WPT-PAC Party at Spring Conference
Date: Thursday, April 25
Time: 6:30 - 9:30 pm
Location: 4 Sisters Wine Bar and Tapas Restaurant, 100 Harborview Plaza, La Crosse
Tickets: $50 PTs, $35 PTAs and $25 Students
All tickets include one free glass of wine or beer and heavy hors d'oeuvres.
Event sponsored by the PTA SIG, Private Practice SIG, Northeast, North Central, and West Central Districts of the WPTA.
Good food. Good drinks. Good company. Good cause.
Tuesday, April 30, 2019
Health Science Center - 2nd Floor
5:30 pm - Pizza provied by UW-La Crosse PT Department
5:30 - 6 pm - View Posters (2nd Floor)
Platform Presentations will be in Room 2006 from 6-8 pm.
THIS EVENING IS FREE AND OPEN TO ALL AREA CLINICIANS AND STUDENTS!
CEUs will be available for those who attend the platform presentation from 6-8 pm.
Questions? Contact Linda Shepardson at [email protected]
APTA's NEXT 2019 offers diverse, forward-thinking programming. Engage through interactive sessions featuring the some of the profession's best and brightest.
Join us in the beautiful city of Chicago June 12-15, 2019.
Here's a sneak peek into what you will experience:
Curtains Up on Exceptional Programming
- Experience Zone with hands-on technology demonstrations
- What Would You Do? Case study presentations with audience polling
- Two preconference courses for additional educational opportunities
Play Your Role in the Future of Physical Therapy
- First-Timers' Event – Navigating the Conference
- Welcome Reception and Opening Event with an inspiring Keynote Speaker
- Networking coffees
- Research presentations
- Exhibit Hall packed with products and services
Experience all of this and more when you attend NEXT 2019. Register today!
Location: Madison Marriott West, Middleton
NSC 2019 will be held Thursday, October 31-Saturday, November 2, 2019 in Albuquerque, New Mexico!
At National Student Conclave (NSC), network with other PT and PTA peers, professionals, and APTA leaders while attending educational sessions specifically designed to prepare you for your physical therapy career. NSC is the only APTA national conference that’s planned for students, by students, giving you the opportunity to discover, grow, and transform with APTA. At NSC you will have the chance to:
DISCOVER Learn from industry leaders by attending the preconference session and 4 of our education sessions.
GROW Network with peers, professionals, and APTA leaders during the conference and at special events such as PT Pub Night and PT PAC Late Night.
TRANSFORM Participate in community service projects.
For more information visit www.apta.org/NSC/Overview