Date: Saturday, August 26th
Location: Callahan's Sports Pub - 1902 Bartillon Dr. Madison, WI
Cost: $100 per team
The WPTA Southwest District is hosting our first annual fundraiser and summer social volleyball tournament!
Men's and women's, sand, 4-on-4 pool play and then bracket play, single elimination bracket. Seeding will be done by wins/losses first, then point differential.
We are looking for any organizations interested in sponsoring this tournament.
- Promo/Swag item donations for participant goody bags (Kinesiotape, biofreeze samples, chapsticks, etc.)
- $50 donation and you will receive a logo on the banner displayed at the tournament.
- $100 booth sponsor to represent your clinic or product, and a court sponsor which gets your clinic or product name on the ref stand banner. (booth set up is from 7-7:45am, tournament check-in is at 8am)
If you'd like to register for the tournament, or become a sponsor, contact Karen Anderson at Kguthrie8@gmail.com.
Southeast District "Bags and Brews" social event. 6 - 9 pm at Estabrook Park 4400 N. Estabrook Dr., Shorewood
PAIN 101 is an "Explain Pain" inspired two hour course that targets improved pain beliefs for participants; patients, public and providers.
* Explore common current pain models and beliefs; in particular, the shortcomings.
* Offer and explain more modern and powerful models for understanding and treating pain.
* Discuss how this course fits into the biopsychosocial, patient centered care model for treating pain...Tomah Pain University... and can Wake the Sleeping Giant.
Time frame. This is a two hour course to be held at the end of the October 10 North Central District business meeting. We will break half way through. Additional questions, contact Wes Kurszewski at firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Madison Marriott West, Middleton
6-10pm, at WPTA Fall Conference, Madison Marriott West, Middleton, WI
WPTA 2017 Legislative Day
Location: Concourse Hotel - 1 West Dayton Street, Madison
More details to follow. Save the date!
District meeting and Mary Pat Murray lecture. 6:30 - 8:30 pm. Marquette University. Contact Lauren Hogan at email@example.com for more information.
The APTA Academy of Pediatric Physical Therapy Annual Conference (APPTAC) will be held November 17-19, 2017, in Cincinnati, Ohio. Seven pre-conference courses (1/2 day to 3 days in length) will be held November 14-16. APPTAC includes 17.75 hours of all-pediatric programming with concurrent sessions from all pediatric practice areas. The APPTAC schedule and registration information can be accessed at www.apptac.org.
2018 WPTA Student Conclave hosted by the Student SIG. More details to come. Location - Bryant-Stratton College
Southeast District presents, "Mobilization of the Nervous System" at Bryant-Stratton College. For more information contact Lauren Hogan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Southeast District meeting and ethics CE course at the Miller Inn 4251 W. State St. Milwaukee. Meeting to begin at 6 pm, speaker to begin at 6:30 pm. For more information contact Lauren Hogan at email@example.com.
Location: Country Springs Hotel - Waukesha