Wisconsin Core Ambassador Elect Position Open
Interested in becoming more involved in the APTA and WPTA? Apply to Become Wisconsin Core Ambassador Elect!
Apply to represent Wisconsin as the Core Ambassador Elect to the Student Assembly Board of Directors. In this position, you have the opportunity to attend conferences, interact with students from PT and PTA programs across the country, learn firsthand how the APTA and WPTA operate, and represent Wisconsin as a student leader.
Applications are due by Friday, November 15 at 5 pm.
Core Ambassador Elect Responsibilities:
The Core Ambassador Elect works with the current Core Ambassador (CA) beginning in December 2019/January 2020 to learn the ropes of the Core Ambassador position, which the CA Elect will assume from June 2020-June 2021.
Responsibilities of the CA Elect include working with the Core Ambassador on the following projects:
- Organize student programming at the WPTA Fall/Spring Conference
- Work closely with and sit on the Board of the Student Special Interest Group.
- Publish the monthly Student Scoop e-newsletter
- Update the WPTA Student Facebook Page with events and opportunities
- Update the Student Tab on www.wpta.org/students as necessary
- Learn the responsibilities of the Core Ambassador, as outlined by the Student Assembly Board of Directors
1st year DPT student, WPTA/APTA member, willing and wants to serve as the CA the following year unless extenuating circumstances such as being elected to the national board
Application deadline is Friday, November 15 at 5 pm. To apply send an essay (no more than 500 words) to the WPTA Academic Liaison Committee Co-Chairs, Erik Gregersen and Matt Paluchniak (email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org) answering the following 3 questions:
- What is your recent history of involvement in your undergrad and/or PT program, WPTA/APTA, community, church, job, etc.?
- Why do you want to serve in this role and what would you like to accomplish? (simple is better than grandiose)
- In this role it would be strongly encouraged to attend the WPTA Fall and Spring Conferences. Would you plan on attending these? Additionally, if there was funding available to assist with registration, lodging and travel would you be interested in attending the Federal Advocacy Forum in Washington, DC and the National Student Conclave?